Friday, February 16, 2007

I put an egg in the microwave. that's cool dude !

I put an egg in the mocrowave this morning. I woke up late (the week at the synchrotron messed up my sleeping patterns, I go into the deep dreams phase btw 7-9 am! at which point the alarm clock just becomes part of the dream and thus useless) anyway, so I had to prepare a quick lunch. No, I did not put a whole egg in the microwave, I know you are not supposed to do that (there are quite a few movies of that on utube, the best is probably the slo mo exploding egg). I cracked it open and put it in a bowl. You can watch the white part gradually cook, as an expanding deep freeze in a movie, and then... the egg yolk blows up ! So next time either put some sarand wrap on top or pierce to egg yolk... but that was way cool dude !
It's faster than making a hard boiled egg, it's "low fat" (lowre than a fried egg that is) it's easier than making a poached egg... this egg didn't come out poached bc by the time the white part was cooked the yolk had as well... there must be a way though... found it ! there is a whole web site on egg recipes, only in the UK !

No comments: