Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Decembrists, La Maroquineire, Paris, Feb 22


Voila a photo of the decembrists show taken with my phone ! can't see much I'll admit, but maybe you get an idea of how cosy it was. The maroquineire (nice jukebox on web site) is a great small venue, 500 people tops, up in Menilmontant, in the 20th arrondissement, many nice funky little bars near. But back to the show, most of the time I was mesmerized, the lead singer's voice sounded so much like the one on the album ! Of course, but he does have a very particular voice. fell in love with the drummer (as wilco says) who looked like one of the guys from the little house on the prarie with the vest and the beard. In the end I even decided I might check out their last album, especially for the Shankill Butchers song. Of course they played the legionnaire song, since it talks about Paris, getting a few cheers from the audience (a good fraction american college students). They finished up the show (the last of the european leg) by inviting the opening band (with their ~1 yr baby with baby headphones on!) and singing a perfect rocking cover of "feel like making love" by Bad Company, with accordeon too.

This is the venue where I saw one of the concerts that is in my top ten list of best concerts ever: Wilco at the maroquinerie....

No comments: